Introduction about me

Subject: Self Introduction about me

Dear Prof Brad,

My name is Tan Jun Han, and I am writing to introduce myself to you as a new student in your Effective Communication class this trimester. I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a diploma in Integrated Facilities Management. After serving 2 years of National Service, I made the decision to further my studies in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) majoring in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Land).

As for strengths, I feel that I doesn't have any strengths when it comes to effective communication. However, I do have this small ability that allows me to communicate with my group mates when it comes to group discussion. I would have a lot of ideas in my head to share with my group mates which will keep the group discussion up.

Despite the fact that I can communicate well with my friends, public speaking is one of my greatest weakness. Public speaking has always been my phobia especially when there is a big group of audience looking at me. During presentations, I will normally start off well but always end up stuttering when I'm nervous and  sometimes even caused breaks in between the slides.

With that being said, one of my goal for studying in this program is to be able to speak confidently in front of a large audience as it is one of my weakness. I feel that speaking confidently is an important skill set in the future and it would really be helpful towards both study and at work. Next in order, my second goal is to be able to write reports and letter efficiently and accurately with little or no mistakes. Mistakes such as grammar error and sentence structure always exist no matter how careful I am. Hence, I hope from this module, not only will i be able to speak confidently but also able to handle report writing well.

With that, I look forward in learning new things from you to improve my communication to make it more effective for the future.

Warm Regards,
Jun Han
SIE2016 Group 5



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jun Han
    Nice content, short and straight to the point.
    Letter is well organized, each paragraph describes a point in your letter.
    Look out for your tenses, read your sentences back to yourself and think through if the tenses fits in the sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jun Han,

    Thank you very much for this fairly well crafted reflection. I appreciate the detail as you reflect on who you are.

    You explain that you have the ability to keep a group discussion flowing. I look forward to seeing that in action this term

    In terms of how to improve this post, I'd suggest you do some basic editing for subject-verb agreement , and then also review your general use of capital letters.

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Regards,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jun Han,

    Thank you for sharing! I believe that you will benefit from this communication course and you do have some strengths. For example, this letter was pretty well written. A few minor grammar mistakes and it will be good. Keep up the effort and see you in class!

    Regards
    Zaccheus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JunHan,

    Very good content, clear and easy to read. Let's improve ourselves through this module!

    Cheers
    YanXiang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts